Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas Cookies 2007: Day Two

A quick post before heading off to the first doctor's appointment of the day.

Ooey Gooey Karo Krispers

Obviously not ooey nor gooey. I set them in the fridge to get the chocolate top to set and ended up leaving them in the fridge overnight. Therefore they are more like hard and brittle Karo Krispers, practially shattered when I tried to cut into them this morning. I'll leave them on the counter to warm up a bit and see what they do. I've never made these before, so the jury is still out.


Nanimo Bars

My favorite! I'm sure these can be made any time of year, but since I'll eat the entire tray myself, I limit these to Christmas time only. And of course I have to make a double batch to be sure I get my share. Of course just before baking for the day, Vince called and said he wanted a batch to bring to his Christmas thing at work on Friday. So since I'm already making a double batch, do I just give him half? Of course not. This calls for triple batch making.
** They're actually very easy to make. Good luck Lena and Greg. ***

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Namino Bar recipe please! It looks yummy, and I have to check out what is "worth wasting your calories on". ;) I loved that comment, I'm totally the same way (the wreath cookie are very cute though!).

Jessica said...

P.s. I love the whole Food Network direction of your blog. :)

Over Coffee said...

Thanks for posting the piture of the Namino Bars. Now we know what they are suppose to look like. ;-)