Friday, October 10, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

I have a neighbor who is also new to the area, and she has decided to plan an activity once a month for those of us who are home with or without kids. Her husband is in the Air Force, and she has recently gotten out, so she is quite used to being in a new area and one of her goals is to familiarize herself with her new surroundings and find out what there is to do in the area. I admire her outgoing spirit, and so was very happy to be included along on these little "field trips". Last month was the Fort Worth Zoo, but I was unable to attend for a couple of reasons. Don't tell the kids we missed that trip, because I never told them we were supposed to go in the first place. But I've been looking forward to October's activity, because I love fall and Halloween, and it's been a couple of years since I've been to a pumpkin patch. She found one that has free entry, free parking, bounce houses for the kids, hay rides, hay bale mazes, etc., etc. The only down side was that it was about an hour away. Not a big deal in my book. So off to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch we go. The kids had a really good time. I kept loosing Harrison, he took off for the maze, and I had to keep calling him back to me. The girls had a good time in the bounce house, even Francesca. I tried to get some good pictures, but as soon as I whipped out my camera, Francesca would close her eyes. For some reason she thinks closing her eyes is how she smiles for a picture these days. I swear that child is just messing with me sometimes. Notice in the picture above that her eyes are closed. I thought the pumpkins were overpriced, ($0.75 a pound), but really wasn't sure what the going rate for pumpkins were these days, so I let the kids each pick out a little pumpkin, and we'll shop for the carving ones later.


















Oh, look who decided to open her eyes for one photo.
O-kay, so make that two photos. The pumpkin patch had all these character cut outs, and she loves Nemo (or Me Mo as she calls him), so she was quite happy to sit with "Me Mo" and smile.

And yes, the sun was in their eyes, but again with the closed eyes.
This time I purposely faced them away from the sun, but look, closed eyes.

I tried again, but this time she wouldn't even face the camera.

And by time this picture was taken she was just done. Crabby Ass.

1 comment:

Over Coffee said...

Great pics! I love how pumpkins look in pictures. Sophia looks so grown-up. Your going to have a teenager on your hands before you know it....