Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Seems Like It's Been A While

It seems like a while since I've posted, but only a few days have passed. What does that mean? My days are so busy, my life is just flying by? I hope not.

This week has been pretty good. O-kay, it's only Wednesday, but it seems like the end of the week to me. Maybe it's because tomorrow is my last catering job for the week, so technically today is Thursday for me. Or maybe my sense of time has just completely flown out the window. I took it pretty easy on Monday, didn't start shopping for Tuesday's lunch job until about 1:30. That gave me most of the day to catch up on paper work and such. Catered lunch for 15 on Tuesday. Today I had a luncheon for 19 at a client's home. She is the nicest woman, volunteers with the Assistance League and has this end-of-the-year luncheon for her trainees every year. So this is the second year I've catered this lunch for her. It's not "drop-off" catering though. I have to get all dressed up in my black and white catering attire and be presentable, while serving these well-to-do ladies who volunteer their time for the less fortunate. How good of them. Her driveway was loaded with Mercedes and Lexus'. And her home was designed and built and Frank Lloyed Wright's son. It's not at all pretentious though, but it is fabulous. I love her kitchen! I wish my cell phone was a camera phone, because I could shoot some photos of that place let me tell ya.

I just dribbled egg nog spiked with bourbon into my key board. Oops. The fact that I waited until a quarter to 5:00pm to make myself this sticky concoction says something. Because it was sounding good to me at about 9am. Yes, that is saying something, and I'm afraid it's not good.

I have to go prepare dinner and start prepping for tomorrow's lunch. But it's all downhill from here. Happy hump day!

No comments: