Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Taking Care of Business

My husband is being very responsible right now, and is meeting with a Life Insurance guy from the Knights of Columbus. One of the reasons he joined the Knights was because they have unsurpased life insurance. So after four years of being a Knight, he's taking the plunge and buying into it. Home owner's insurance is required by our mortgage company, and car insurance is required by law, but it's hard to voluntarily pay for something that you don't get anything physical for. And that hopefully you won't see the benefits of for a very long time. But I guess that's part of growing up and becoming an adult.

Our kitchen is coming along nicely. We had granite countertops put in last week. Santa Cecilia is the name of the granite we chose. Funny, Cecilia is one of the names I was considering for Annamaria. Before she was Annamaria that is. So my upper cabinets are done. My lower drawers are in, just need to be faced. And I have about four more lower cabinets that need to be put in. Vince is constantly working, but I don't see much progress, until "boom", he comes in with everything finished and just puts it all in. I have to keep that in mind when I start getting impatient. Now we need a drywall guy to finish off the walls in the kitchen. And the paneling and ugly, ugly paneled ceiling in the den needs to be covered over and finished off too. I keep trying to think of things I can do around the house to help out, but I'm very limited it what I can do on my own. I need to touch up the paint in Sophia's room. I never finished off around the ceiling real neatly. We were going to put up crown moulding in there, then changed our minds. And Harrison tore down part of the wall paper border when he was still in the nursery, so that needs to be repaired too. Our "To Do" list seems insurmountable. Do you ever get your house to where you consider it "done"?

No comments: