Wednesday, March 15, 2006

And So It Begins

The night before last, I woke up just after 1am, with the need to pee. I hate having my sleep disturbed. Not that I sleep all that great to begin with, Vince thinks I have sleep apnea, but who knows. All I know is that I never wake up rested, only sleepy wishing I could sleep longer. Anyway, aparently I've gotten to the point where enough pressure is on my bladder that I can no longer make it through the night without having to take a break from sleep to pee. As if feeling green most of my days were not enough. Also, a couple nights ago the acid reflux started. Last night it was so uncomfortable I fell asleep sitting up in bed. Tums did not help. At some point in the night Vince told me I was keeping him awake. So I moved myself to the big chair in our bedroom, and finished my night of fitful sleep there. I spent half of my pregnancy with Annamaria and Harrison sleeping in either the chair in our room or on the couch. I'm not looking forward to a repeat of that. So let the discomforts of pregnancy begin. My favorite of course is peeing my pants whenever I sneeze. Ahh, something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Over Coffee said...

I totally sympathize with you. Poor Greg slept on the couch during both my pregnancies because of my snoring and tossing and turning. I also never went anywhere without my Costco size bottle of Tums.