Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Blessed or Cursed, You Be The Judge

Well, the cat is out of the bag. The grand-parents have been informed, so the secret is out. Baby Booth #4 is currently in development. And I must say, I think I'm handling it all very well. Our house is even more of a construction zone than usual, but that's because of all the progress being made. My husband has been unemployed since December, but he has a job waiting for him in Montana. When we finally get there that is. And my youngest child is only 10 months old, and will only be 16 months old when this one is born. But I love her to death, so how bad could another be? I really freaked out about having #3, and she is nothing short of perfection, so I'm now actually kind of excited. In a "oh my gosh, what have we done" sort of way. A friend of mine once told me, "once you have three, you might as well as have six". Three is the breaker. Well, I don't know about six, but I'm really o-kay with four. Besides, I'm 36 years old. Advanced maternal age. And while I certainly don't mean to be greedy, that biological clock is ticking. Loudly. Who ever thought an only child, me, would end up having a large family? Not me. But they do bring me joy. Along with a lot of other feelings, but mainly joy. So I'll take the bad with the good, and consider myself blessed.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believe it! You are a brave woman--I'm still stressing about going for number two. :) I'm going to love reading all about it. Assuming you will ever have time to write.

Love from all of us in Okinawa!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations! I feel like such a wuss I'm freaking out about two boys one which should be here any day now and I am totally feeling sorry for myself on how hard this will be. Well thank you for putting me into place:) I think it's awesome I'd love to have a big family and for my children to grow up with lots of siblings if I could just get over the wuss part:) Congratulations to you all!!

Over Coffee said...

Congratulations! I think you are a little bit of both but probably more blessed. I still have to say WOW!. You are amazing! I would be a total wreak with all the life changing events that you are going through right now but you seem to be handling everything in stride. You are amazing. Let us know if you need anything. Congrats!