Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Because I'm Obsessed, More Harry Potter

I was confirming the release date of the next Harry Potter book on Amazon, and got sucked in to looking at other Harry Potter stuff when I saw this chat forum discussing, what else, Harry Potter. There was a question posted as to whether Snape was a friend or foe, and that led to another post of Snape being a riddle or a Riddle. This person came up with quite an elaborate and well thought out story of Snape's background. Although it doesn't answer the question of whether Snape is a friend or foe, and can be complete hogwash since it wasn't from Rowling herself, but I thought it was interesting anyway.

"Eileen Prince and Tom Riddle were at Hogwarts together. Tom was dark and handsome. Eileen was the homely Captain of the Gobstone Team. She was smitten with Tom's good looks and his popularity. But Tom paid her no attention.After graduation, Tom was working for Borgin & Burkes, bumping off old ladies and stealing their junk when one day, he bumped into Eileen Prince. She was stilll homely but at least she was young and an easy mark. He lured her into the bushes for a bit of the old slap and tickle. Then Tom Riddle disappeared.Poor Eileen realized she was pregnant. To quell the gossips, she married the first muggle to walk past her door. His name was Tobias Snape. Tobias realized that Eileen's parents had a few pounds sterling and decided it might be a good arrangement. He marries Eiileen and they have a baby who they name Severus. However, things turn ugly when Tobias finds out that Eileen is really a witch and the only money her parents have is magical money which is no good in the muggle world. Tobias is a bully and a drunk. He goes out one night for a pint at the local pub and is never heard from again.Severus grows up thinking his father is Tobias Snape. He goes to Hogwarts and joins the Death Eaters. That's when Eileen tells her son The Secret: Severus real father is Tom Riddle Jr., also known as, Voldemort (audible gasp). The only other person Eileen tells her secret to is Albus Dumbledore. No one else knows"

Obviously I'm not as obsessed as I thought I was. At least not compared to others.

5 comments:

Over Coffee said...

That is a pretty good theory. I think I like it! It still does not answer the friend/foe question but I guess that question will be answered in a couple of weeks....

Dawn said...

Also, wouldn't that make Snape a 1/4 blood prince. Genetically speaking, 1/2 blood Prince, 1/4 blood wizard. Assuming his mother was pure blood?

Dawn said...

O-kay, make that 3/4 wizard. Yes, I can do fractions.

Over Coffee said...

I sent the theory to my other two Harry Potter friends and they both that it was also a very good theory. I can't wait for the book to come out!

I think it would still make him a 1/2 "blood" prince because it is a play on words, like 1/2 of his genes are from a "prince". She is pretty sneaky that way.

Jessica said...

Alright, when you see my blog you'll see that I tagged you. Sorry, but I don't know that many people who blog.