Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our New Home

Well? What do you think? Gorgeous, no? Yea, I know, looks like a bunch of scrub, except for that one stubby Cedar in the front. But soon, hopefully very soon, there will be a house in there somewhere. And the farther back on the lot you walk, the taller and older the trees get.
Sunday, Vince and I decided to take a drive out to our lot and let the kids run around and get used to our new location. Since we were unceremoniously bumped from Lot 49, we thought we let the kids (and us) investigate our new location. I think I'm going to like the change. I already mentioned the lack of headlights, and neighbor in the back, but Lot 69 has more trees, and room to roam.

The first thing we came across was kind of gruesome. Well, not as gruesome as it could have been, but still. Gick.

We walked to the back of our backyard and did a little investigating.

Vince tried recapturing his youth, and climbed a tree.

The kids had a great time playing, and looked like they were at the beach digging around. Francesca even ate a little dirt. Ugh!

So far, we're the only house on the street, even though we're not actually there yet. We heard there is a family building across the street from us, but from the looks of things, they've gotten about as far as we have. So, so far there isn't much to see.

Facing our lot looking left is our one neighbor, way over there. And actually there isn't anyone there yet, the house is still for sale.
Those are the people who's backyard will butt up against the front part of our side yard. Whoever they may turn out to be.

And Chris, our builder, called Vince today to give him our new address. We're no longer Lot 69. We're now 1*% Antler Ridge Court. (No I'm not posting my address on the internet.) Teasingly, I told Vince I didn't like it. 1*% just didn't sit well with me, they'd have to change it. He asked, "What do you want it to be? Number 4 Privet Drive?" How cool would that be? "What's your address? Oh. Mine is Number 4 Privet Drive". Call the county, see if they'll change it. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about, you're just not as big a geek as I am.

No comments: