Wednesday, October 19, 2005

All By Myself

Well not really. Annamaria is off taking a nap, and Harrison is here to pester me, but Pat, my father-in-law, went back home today. So back to our normal routine. Dropped off Sophia at school with the little ones in tow. Then to church for bible study. I mentioned to someone that Pat left this morning, and they commented that I looked relieved. I don't know where they got that, we're all very sad he went back home. I know the kids will miss him, and I will too. He was a very easy guest to have around. And it was very nice being able to leave Harrison and even Sophia with him when I needed to run a quick errand. I hope it's not another four years before he decides to come see us again.



So my dinner for 200 this Saturday night got bumped down to 120. Am I upset? Heck no! Relieved is more like it. 120 I can do. 120 is easy. I just kept remembering last year, when the headcount was 205. I kept telling myself, "never again, never again". "150 is my cap, what was I thinking?" And Vince was in total agreement. Then this comes along and because it's being thrown by an organization Vince is an officer in, I get roped into another dinner for 200. And not buffet this time, but seated. I just kept stressing over how much bread I was going to have to bake. 300 rolls seemed overwhelming. That's 25 dozen. Good grief! But fifteen dozen? No problem. Just need to decide if I can bake them fresh that day, or will I need to make them the day before. I need to get my scheduling finished.

On that note, I'd better get my butt in gear. I still have lunch for 20 tomorrow I need to get going.

No comments: