Saturday, October 08, 2005

Photo Update

I had been meaning to update the blog with some photos since I haven't posted any in a while. The problem was that I hadn't been able to locate the camera for a few days and it was loaded with all the new pictures that weren't downloaded yet. And after losing my car and then my mail, I was quite embarrassed to admit that I had lost my camera too. Luckily my husband came to the rescue and found the camera, so last night I finally downloaded the pics.

Here is the Little Baby Big Head. Just hanging out with mommy. And even though she's the smallest of the bunch, she's the best eater. Both Sophia and Harrison would make the biggest mess when I started spoon feeding them, but not this little bug. She swallows right down, with minimal mess. Currently her favorites are mashed bananas with rice cereal and apple juice. Last night she tried zucchini and crook neck squash sauteed with garlic and olive oil, mashed of course, with success. I'm very impressed.



Sophia's school had their annual Fall Fiesta last weekend. Her class is studying the South Pacific, so their class sang BaliHai to open the festival. Here is our little hula girl.

I have a dinner for 200 coming up in two weeks, and I think the stress of it is already starting to seep in. Last night I dreamt that it was 4:30 pm on the day of the dinner, and I just then got around to shopping for the event. No shopping lists or preparation of any kind. And I was handling it quite well. Pork roast - check, green beans - check, scalloped potatoes - check. Creme brulee for 200 - did I ever decide what kind to make? No. Rolls for 200 - did I ever start on the bread? No. Needless to say, I don't think dinner was made on time. Much to my relief I finally woke around the time my dream self realized there was no way on God's great earth that I would be able to pull it off, and there would be 200 very angry people at me. So this morning I'm pulling my stuff together, finalized the details of the menu, and getting my lists started. Why, oh why, did I agree to this?

No comments: