Wednesday, February 20, 2008

He's Trying To Kill Me

If I fall over dead, don't be suprised. It will be from weakening of my arterial walls, or a stroke, or something else stress induced.

Harrison does these things, things he knows he's not suposed to do, but he doesn't know why he does them. And it isn't here or there, now and again, on occasion, it's just about everyday. Everyday there is another, "I don't know", coming from his lips. Everyday I'm trying to understand why he just did whatever it was he just did, that he knew he wasn't suposed to do, but did it anyway.

I could give many examples, the list goes on and on. But just today for example. Sophia got to take a bubble bath in our big tub in the master bath. Harrison wanted to take a bath too. But he's sick. He's sick with a hacking cough. A cough that makes him cough so much he ends up gagging. So I didn't want him in the tub, all wet, and eventually shivering because he won't get out until the water is stone cold and he's therefore shivering. And trying to get him out of the tub before the water is stone cold and he's all shivery, is just more than I want to put up with right now. And I know, I know, I'm the mom. Take charge and all that. Well, I did. I said "no", to the bath, and I even went so far as to tell him why no bath. So why did he squirt Neutrogena Rainbath Gel into his hair after I told him no bath? Why did he come to me, and the first words out of his mouth were, "I put bath gel in my hair, and I don't know why"? I'm thinking it was his sneaky attempt to get a bath anyway. If he put bath gel in his hair, I'd have to rinse it out, right? Rinsing it out would occur in the bathtub, right? Wrong! I stuck his head under the faucet, making sure to only rinse the top of his soapy head. Not that that will teach him. These I don't know moments have been repeated. Numerously.

"I don't know". Those are my trigger words these days.

No comments: