Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter Goodies 2009

Finally, my Easter baking post. The pictures are crap, the ones that survived that is, so bear with me please.
Apricot-Almond Bars
Exactly what their names says they are. I think I made these last year too. Vince really liked them.
Macadamia Meltaways
These were new to me. The macadamia nuts were ground into a paste for the dough, then halved with melted chocolate between the layers. Not very sweet, therefore not popular with the kids, but the adults loved them.
Iced Lemon Shortbread
Another one that is exactly what the name says it is. And another redo. Really, really good.

Decorated Sugar Cookies
Eggs, rabbits, carrots and sheep. I think the carrots are my favorite. Dean & DeLuca can kiss my butt! SIXTY DOLLARS for 9 to 10 ounces of decorated sugar cookies, ridiculous!

Chickie Cake Bites
Found these on Bakerella's and decided to try them, they were too cute not to. They turned out to be the lumpiest chickens I ever saw, but apparently that didn't affect their yumminess, because everyone loved them. I thought they were a bit sweet, but they were a hit with both the kids and the adults.
Marble Icebox Cookies
Another re-do. Sophia requested these, so how could I say no?

Sesame Seed Wafers
These are good, but a pain in the backside. The dough is so thin, that it is nearly impossible to "shape into balls" like the directions read. Forget about adding more flour to stiffen the dough, because then they don't have the right consistency. And they have to be baked to just the right doneness, or they'll either burn, or don't crisp up properly. Another re-do though. And I'll probably make them again. Go figure.

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These were another first for me. And Vince who doesn't like macadamia nuts said they were one of the best cookies he's ever had. They don't keep well though, and are best the day they are baked. Like any chocolate chip cookie really.

So there you have it. I failed to take a picture of my final cookie tray. I was busy trying to get everything else done that morning and flaked it.

I just realized I'm only missing one photo. The problem is that I can't remember which cookie I'm missing.

1 comment:

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

Those Chickie Cake Bites are the cutiest!