Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Great Baby Mystery and Other Things

I had my sonogram, and all went well, but the sex of the baby will have to remain unknown until it's birth. So sorry for the teaser, but Vince really doesn't want to know, but if I know then he wants to know, and I don't want to ruin the suprise for him. The countdown from here is nineteen more weeks. So far this pregnancy is going very quickly, but I think that's because we're in the thick of getting ready to move, and I feel like we're running out of time. Vince is leaving for Montana this coming Monday for about a week. He's purchased a 14' enclosed trailer, and the plan is to move as much as we can live without this trip. He'll be going alone, that way we can keep Sophia in school a bit longer, and while he's up there he can find a place to rent until we find something to purchase. Moving is so expensive and such a hassle, I'm not looking forward to it. Our "To Do" list is getting smaller and smaller everyday, we should be done by the end of this week. Then the only thing left will be getting the outside of the house painted. We've gone back and forth over hiring someone and just doing it ourselves. It would take us about four or five days to do it ourselves, or cost us about $3,000 to pay someone else to do it. Decisions, decisions. And as I'm tinkering away on the keyboard, I look out the window and Cooper, one of our dogs, is in the front yard. He belongs in the back. It's not even 9am yet, I'm still in my robe and I'm having to rustle our 50lb, marshmallow of a moose size dog back into the back yard. Apparently the battery in his collar for the electric fence has died, and Vince still has to fix our side gate. I don't understand how such a large dog can fit through such a small opening in a gate, but there's fur caught on the gate, so the evidence is there. That's another thing about moving I'm not looking forward to. A pregnant woman, a seven year-old, a three year-old, a one year-old, a cat and two large goofy dogs trecking it up north on a eighteen hour road trip. This should be interesting.

Tomorrow is Annamaria's first birthday. I can't believe how the time has flown. She still only has two teeth, can't weigh more than sixteen pounds and is still wearing size 3 to 6 month clothes, but she pulls herself up on everything and motors around like she's got somewhere to go. And she's quite the eater, so her birthday dinner should be most entertaining. I'm making her a baby spinach salad, pasta primavera and a strawberry cream cake for dessert. I'll be sure to get lots of photos.

I've got laundry to do and dishes to put away, so I'd better get dressed and stop procrastinating, but here's a photo just for good measure. I took the kids to SeaWorld while Sophia was on Spring Break and Vince stayed home and worked on the house. I'm sure Annamaria will get plenty of photo space tomorrow, so here's Sophie and Sonny.

1 comment:

Over Coffee said...

Good Luck With Everything! If you need a place to stop half way through your trip you are always welcomed here. Have a safe move and keep us posted on everything. Best of luck to you.