Friday, November 18, 2005

Happy Birthday "Onny the Boy"!

Why "Onny the Boy"? Because if you ask Harrison what his name is, that's his reply. "Onny the Boy". The letter "S" has yet to make it into his speech process. So "Sonny", his nickname which is better than Harry, becomes "Onny". And he insists that he's a "boy". Not my love, not my Boo, but a boy. Glad he's got that figured out.

So today I am the mother of a seven year old, a three year old, and a six month old. Harrison turns three today. Happy birthday Boo! And while not much is going on here, I hope he has a very happy birthday. Sophia is at school, Annamaria is taking a nap, and the birthday boy is watching Little Einsteins and playing JayJay the Jet Plane on the other computer. His cake is cooling and awaiting frosting. He has requested a Spider Man Cake, so I'm going to have to get creative with the decorations. I'm feeling very unprepared, not quite sure how I'm going to pull this off, I'm not very artistic. This may require a trip to Toys R Us for some Spiderman figures I can just stick on the top of his cake. And no, I don't consider that a cop out. I baked from scratch this morning a three layer Devil's Food cake, and will be making a homemade coconut buttercream to frost it with. And besides, if I stick a couple action figures on the top, that just gives him the bonus of new toys when we're done with them.



Grandma Dee Dee and Granny M are coming over for dinner to celebrate his turning three. So it will be a small gathering of just family, but I did promise I'd take him to the park today, so I'm sure he'll have fun.

No comments: