Sunday, September 25, 2005

Whew!

Finally some time to relax. The much awaited visit from my father-in-law was delayed a day, courtesty of Hurricane Rita. After a three hour drive to the airport, Pat ended up having to stay in Arkansas another night due to some major airline screw-ups. Way too much detail to post here. Lets just say we're glad he's finally here. And the kids are crazy about him. Our newest little addition was finally baptized this morning. And as usual, Father Jim completely mutilated her name. Repeatedly. That's o-kay though, it's kind of like his calling card. Call the kid everything but their actual name. Other than that, he really does a lovely job. Once I get some photos, I'll post them. So in preparation for the brunch following the main event this morning, last night I gathered up my remaining strength and baked blueberry scones, candied ginger scones, banana chocolate-chip muffins, and gingerbread muffins with a lemon glaze. Put together a fruit platter with a nice yogurt lime sauce to go with and my mom handled the rest. Nice time, a little too much mimosa for me. Need to go zone out for a while and recoop my strength for tomorrow.

No comments: