Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Cookies 2008: Day Four

I'm super tired today. Can you say procrastinate? Because today we had to go buy an Easter dress for Annamaria, one for Sophia, a new Easter shirt for Harrison, and shoes for everyone. Thankfully we're putting Francesca in Annamaria's dress from last year. Seems like we're cheating, but I don't think she'll mind.

Thankfully I got my cookies done before we left the house for our Easter-shop-a-thon. So today we have . . .

Caramel Frosted Brown Sugar Drops

These sound like a tooth ache waiting to happen, but they're so good. Really not too sweet at all. The cookies are soft and cake-like. They seem like old-fashioned comfort food. And anything frosted in caramel has my vote. The recipe called for pecans, but had a note that they were just as good without the pecans. Even better without the pecans in my opinion, not that I've tried them with though. My only complaint is that I ran out of frosting before all my cookies were topped, so I have some leftover naked cookies. Sophia tried a naked one and said that they were good too. I think I'll wait until we run out of the frosted ones before I try a naked one though.

Lime Glazed Coconut Snowballs
These are simple butter cookies all dressed up, and Sophia was very helpful in making these. She helped me roll the dough into little balls for baking. Then I put her in charge of decorating, and she dipped each baked cookie into the lime glaze, made sure it had just enough glaze before dipping into the coconut. And I have to say, I think she did professional work.

No comments: