Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Easter Cookies 2008: Day One

Here we go again . . .

Old-Fashioned Peanut Brittle

I was going to take a picture once the slab was broken up, but Vince ate it all. Just kidding, he munched on quite a bit, but only while taking it upon himself to bag it up for me. Very helpful. It was super humid yesterday, and the brittle was starting to get tacky, so he was trying to save it. And he did. He's good like that.

Cane Syrup Oatmeal Cookies

Cane Syrup is kind of like molasses, but not quite as strong tasting. These were Vince's request. I bought a jar of Lyle's Golden Syrup after reading a recipe for Chocolate Biscuit Cake on someone else's blog and had to try the recipe. All of the ingredients were only available at World Market around here except for the butter, and the Biscuit Cake was only "eh", but Vince fell in love with the Golden Syrup. So when I read about Cane Syrup, he found some at the grocery store and bought it. So I had to make these for him. The recipe calls for raisins, which I left in (sorry Jessica), and pecans, which I left out. Because please. Pecans in oatmeal cookies? I don't think so. They're good, and really moist, but Vince never gave me his official opinion on these, so the jury is still out.

More to come tomorrow. Because cookies aren't just for Christmas.

No comments: