Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Easter Cookies 2008: Day Two

Another day, two more cookies . . .
Benne Seed Wafers

Benne Seeds = Sesame Seeds. These didn't turn out quite right, I made them last year and made a note to up the amount of flour so they're thicker than they're supposed to be. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup flour. That leaves the cookie batter almost soup like. No way to shape these into balls. So I increased the about of flour, but too much. They're supposed to be thin and crisp. So these turned out thicker, but they still taste great.


Iced Lemon Shortbread Fingers

Alright, so they're short chubby fingers, but really, who cares? These are awesome. I made these last year too. So good. The shortbread is soft and crumbly, with a nice lemon tartness. I don't think they are destined for the Easter cookie tray though. They're just not going to make it to Sunday.

2 comments:

Over Coffee said...

The Lemon Iced Shortbread Fingers look so yummy! I am trying to think of a dessert to bring to the family Easter picnic and these just might do the trick. Are they easy (easy for me that is) to make? If so, could you please send me the recipe? Do you think I can cut them into bunny shapes? ;-)

Dawn said...

I think they're easy, they're made in the food processor. Very quick. I don't know about the bunny shapes though, they're pretty delicate. I'll send you the recipe.