Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Pageant of the Masters

Last night was great. No traffic problems, we arrived nice and early and had no problem getting parking. We had to pay $10 to park, but had a short walk to the Festival, and the weather was great. Oh, and this was Vince's third time to the Pageant. I think it was my fifth, but I may have lost count. Seems I've lost some of my memory functions. I think that's a result of sleep deprivation due to having three children. No time during my sleep cycle for those short term memories to become long term memories. Something like that. Anyway, I wish I could have taken pictures, but no, cameras are not allowed. So I've included a link to the Laguna Festival of Arts Pageant of the Masters web site. The title of this post is a link. The pictures that look like paintings are not the real paintings, those are actual people recreating the art pieces. Yes, I'm talking about the picture with the three young women, and the picture of the surfer too. Pretty neat, huh? And last night I found out the Pageant has been going on since 1932, and the tradition of ending with a recreation of the Last Supper has been continued since 1936. This year's was Da Vinci's fresco version. It was incredible.

So last night was Annamaria's first time with a babysitter. Our regular, Emily, the daughter of a friend of mine. She's very good, and very experienced. Unfortunatelly, it was also Annamaria's first time being fed from a bottle, which she refused. I thought if she got hungry enough, she'd take a bottle, even if she didn't like it. But maybe it was what was inside the bottle that was the problem. I hate pumping. And even though I have the cadillac of breast pumps, I just couldn't bring myself to use it. I justified myself by thinking one night of formula wasn't going to kill her. But apparently Annamaria thought otherwise. Poor Emily called her mom, Sue, in desperation. So when we pulled up to the house, the first thing I noticed was Sue's minivan. Uh oh, what happened? At least we didn't have to drive Emily home. Convenient that her mom was here to take her home. I felt so bad. I'm thinking the $40 we paid her wasn't enough.

No comments: