Friday, August 05, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing?

Note to self . . . think twice before accepting five catering jobs over four consecutive days.

I have a problem, if I'm offered work I cannot turn it down. Unless I'm busy giving birth or some other serious situation is scheduled in my life, I simply have difficulty saying "no". Of course it's great to actually have customers, better than not having any customers, but today I'm feeling like I was run over by a mac truck. And last night, in the middle of my last job, just when I thought I'd get some breathing room, it was brought to my attention that our small church group is scheduled to meet at our house this Sunday. So make that dinner for about 12 adults and 13 or so kids. And the real work is that the house needs to be presentable too. At least one of my jobs resulted in extra candied ginger scones for my snacking enjoyment.



In an effort to give equal billing to all my children, here is a picture of Harrison modeling his big sister's ballet leotard. His pride of putting it on all my himself is apparent on his beaming face.

I haven't forgotten Sophia, her picture will be next.

No comments: